February 14, 2009

Romance? What romance?

When you've been married as long as Scott and I have (112 days), you can't expect the romance to keep flowing like it did when the relationship was young and fresh. That being said, it is our first Valentine's Day as a married couple, and I tried to choose the perfect card for the occasion:



I purchased that card quite some time ago. Scott, on the other hand, bought his card for me last night when we were at the drugstore. I sigh at his last-minute gestures, although I've heard that such timing is typical of at least 50% of men and shouldn't be taken personally. I have to admit, Scott did a darned good job of selecting a very fitting card:




Who needs romance anyway?


5 comments:

alan said...

We agreed no cards or presents this year...an attempt at tightening our budget a bit. We did splurge on (cheap) steaks and mushrooms and when she came home I had a pan of brownies waiting in a heart shaped pan I'd bought a few years ago she'd forgotten about...

Congratulations on your first Valentine's Day married...may a 100or so more follow!

alan

Jenny Harvey said...

Love is ..... Never having to say "I could kill you" (or at least never carying through)

His card may have been late and jokey but at least it .... errr I will get back to you

amelia said...

Oh yes, this is our house too!!

Chris Curtin said...

Um, I bought the same card. But I got it last week when I bought the cards for my mom.

Skooter said...

I'll have you know I looked long and hard for that card!